At Jonathan Grant Accountants we have the resources, skills and experience to assist with of all your cloud accounting needs.
What is Cloud Accounting?
Cloud accounting (or online accounting) stores your accounting data on remote servers. This allows authorized users to access the data file from anywhere at any time. Most cloud accounting providers charge a monthly subscription which can be cancelled at any time.
What are the types of cloud accounting software?
100% Cloud Accounting Options:
Cloud accounting software options (Such as Xero or MYOB Essentials) are accessed via your internet browser, and require a stable internet connection to function. No accounting data is stored on your computer and there is no need to back-up your data.
Hybrid Cloud Accounting options:
Hybrid cloud accounting software options (Such as MYOB AccountRight) are a combination of cloud and desktop accounting. When you are connected to the internet your data file is automatically synchronized to the remote server, however if you are disconnected from the internet you can still access your accounting data and it will automatically synchronize when you next connect to the internet. In addition you can choose to back-up your data manually if you prefer, giving you added peace of mind.
Some advantages of cloud accounting over traditional desktop based software:
- Real time access to your accounts, anywhere in the world.
- Access your accounts from your PC, Laptop, Phone or Tablet.
- Your data is stored securely, even if your computer is lost or stolen
- No need to regularly backup your data
- Your accountant can access your accounts at anytime, no more sending your accountant backups!
- Your accountant can regularly monitor your data and identify potential problems or opportunities in real time.
- Access a network of hundreds of ‘ad-ins’ to tailor your software to your specific needs
- Reduced computer costs as there is no requirement to store your data on a centralized server.
- Flexibility to increase or decrease your software requirements as the needs of your business change
- Highly automated bookkeeping processes with automatic bank feeds
We at Jonathan Grant Accountants are proficient in all the major cloud accounting providers including:
- QuickBooks, and
Our team includes certified consultants to ensure the highest quality service to our clients and to ensure that we are always providing you with the most up to date advices and we have access to add on specialists should more specific assistance be required.
Some of the services we offer to our cloud accounting clients include:
- A MYOB or Xero cloud package tailored to suit your needs
- Business financial accounts and tax returns
- Transaction coding & bookkeeping
- Individual tax returns for business owners
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS statements
- Preparation and lodgement of annual PAYG summaries
- Regular business meetings with our directors or senior accountants
- Cash-flow & Budget projections including regular monitoring and reports
- Preparation of management reporting
- ASIC Corporate Secretarial Services
- Specialist tax advice